AGAIN! Henrietta layed her first egg since moult! YAY!! GO, CHICK GO!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chicken Chaperone, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Chicken Chaperone

Chicken Chaperone Chillin' With My Peeps

Bless her little chicken heart- despite her being 8 yrs old, despite the temps being in the teens and 20's, despite everything- Henrietta laid her first
    egg since she moulted in October! [​IMG]
    I'm so tickled! And she was so proud!! Usually she makes very soft kind of bruh brhh bruhhh sounds but yesterday
    she was actually clucking like BUH-GAWCK!! I think we were both astonished! lol! I couldn't help but think of the Miss Prissy cartoons from Warner Brother's
    with FogHorn Leghorn and Porky Pig when Prissy gets so excited about laying an egg so I hope I'm posting a link to that silly cartoon here to give y'all a chuckle...

this should link to it-

and maybe this will embed it(?)
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If there is a better way to post video or if it's better that we don't if someone could let this little computer tech deficient gal how to do it I'd be most beholden! [​IMG]
    And just to say it again- I'm so glad this forum is here and filled with other chicken enthusiasts who understand what special and lovely thing chickens are and appreciate Henrietta who is so much like the little engine that could!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. feathersnuggles

feathersnuggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Seattle
    Aww, little engine, you're sooo sweet!! Bet you'll get a special treat, too!

[​IMG]

3. sticksoup

sticksoup Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Bradenton
    Good job little Henrietta! Share your magic with my girls- I haven't seen an egg in forever.

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Wow, 8 years old and still laying. Great Job Henrietta!

And congrats to Henrietta's caretaker.[​IMG]

5. Chicken Chaperone

Aw, thanks, everybody! Yesterday we went out and lo and behold- another egg!!! I was shocked!
    I gave her lots of praise and told her what a good girl she was and she munched treats happily. I feel like spring must surely be on the way
    if the chicken is happy! [​IMG] I sure love that old chicken- what a trooper! [​IMG]

6. Big George

Big George Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    Oh my gosh I didn't know chickens could still lay at that age. My oldest chicken is Henrietta the Good Girl Chicken also. Gives you hope for spring.

7. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] Wow, Henrietta is one amazing chicken..... She was meant to be yours! [​IMG]

8. Chicken Chaperone

Day three, egg three! [​IMG] [​IMG] I swear this little girl is on a roll! I never expected the 1st one and definitely didn't expect
    the second but to get a 3rd one today?!? I think she's just the best chicken ever ever ever!! [​IMG]
    She had such a hard moult in October, lost weight, looked miserable, stopped laying and was so listless and uninterested in every treat
    I offered I never imagined she'd pull through and definitely didn't think she'd lay again. My aim was just to make whatever days she had
    left as good and comfortable and full of love as they could be. Now we have a happy, chipper chicken who's back 100% *and* laying!

If someone had told me 6 months ago that chickens have personalities, moods, can be proud of themselves, and affectionate and get very attached to people
    and vice versa I never would have believed them! Henrietta has made me a believer!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by