Age 3 weeks?? partridge rock/black somthing? guys or dolls????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by drsooseme2, Jun 21, 2010.

1. drsooseme2

drsooseme2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2010
    Marysville
    I bought my first 4 chicks from a friend at work who sexed them for me and she said all 4 are girls. I think I'm in dire need of 2nd and 3rd opinions. I have pics at 3 weeks and pics I took yesterday at 11 weeks. Forgive me, this is my first time posting pics.

[​IMG] 3 weeks upper left to right - Billie, Pearl, June, Etta

[​IMG] 11 weeks - Billie, Etta, June and Pearl in back right corner

[​IMG] 11 weeks - Pearl and June

They are supposedly 11 weeks old (they are also supposedly all female). I haven't heard any attempts to crow...all of them whistle a lot and honk a little bit like geese (especially Pearl) when food is coming. Pearl is the only one that does not have any green/purple iridescent feathers. All 4 have rear feathers that point toward the ground.

June is the one with the big spiky comb and huge wattles. But no crowing, pretty quiet out of the 4, mellow, lets the others eat first. If it continues to be quiet , it can stay. If not then it will go back to the farm and probably be seasoned and grilled. [​IMG]

I'm no chicken expert, but they look older than 11 weeks. I think they look 14 or 15 weeks. I'm going to wait until I see it sitting on an egg or until it wakes up the neighborhood. Just wanted to get some thoughts. I will definitely post the result so everyone can learn.

I'm hoping I will get to post - My "rooster" laid an egg! I've seen that a few times on here.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    June is a roo. The others look to be pullets.

3. drsooseme2

drsooseme2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2010
    Marysville
    Any thoughts on breed? I'm thinking the lady that I got them from doesn't really know because she leaves them, um..unsupervised? Hee hee.

What about black sex links crossed with partridge rock? Would females be black and gold (or copper?) Is Black Star the same as black sex link?

[​IMG]

I found this pic online and it was labeled Black Star Hen. This looks like June. Any thoughts?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by