Age for trimming Polish chick’s crest?

kristine16

Chirping
Sep 21, 2020
I have 3 Polish chicks that are just over a month old. Their crests are already affecting their vision and I would like to start trimming them now to hopefully avoid any issues beginning with the other chicks as well as getting them used to it now while they are easy to handle. Is it a problem to trim feathers at this young age since the feathers are still growing?

Attached is an old post to what I mean about a hair tie. Remember to remove it before roosting at night.
It is Too cute for words. Ill take a picture of my Silver Lace with her hair tied up.
I trim the feathers around the eyes of my White Crested Black. Ever since he was scalped by a Bully, her head is sensitive to the touch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200921-013421_Chrome Dev.jpg
    Screenshot_20200921-013421_Chrome Dev.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 34
Attached is an old post to what I mean about a hair tie. Remember to remove it before roosting at night.
It is Too cute for words. Ill take a picture of my Silver Lace with her hair tied up.
I trim the feathers around the eyes of my White Crested Black. Ever since he was scalped by a Bully, her head is sensitive to the touch.
Thank you! So cute.

That is so cute!
I just saw polish chickens for the first time in person at my grand in laws farm. My kids fell in love with them! Sounds like she might give me eggs to hatch at some point😁 I’ll have to remember this post!

Back
Top Bottom