age guess

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Suess hens, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    Okay, so I know the breed (EE), and I know it is too young to guess on gender....but I am thinking that my 2 EEs are older than I think....they just seem so big!
    Here is yogurt (she/he is a tad bit slower feathering than her/his freakish sister--freaky in the sense that she loves to be held and cuddles up and hides in your hair...but runs from hands).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am thinking he/she will be 3 weeks old today or tomorrow. Do you agree?

2. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Very pretty EE! One of my Fav. birds so far. Looks like he will be 3 weeks soon. My girls are about that age, well maybe a week older and they are Full of feathers, so I think your may be a roo. But if you want I pullet I will be crossing my fingers for ya! [​IMG] I love the way your EE has so many striped around the eyes! very pretty! [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks 3 weeks to me.... maybe 4.

4. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    Thanks.
    I am hoping pullet, but this is the only one of the three in the brooder I think might be a roo. If yogurt does turn out to be a he I will just try to keep him from crowing.
    The two EEs were left from a previous hatch, and the BR I got was hatched on the 27th...so I am really unsure of the age of the EEs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by