Age of birds-- can they be together?

Amber Lu

Chirping
Feb 4, 2022
Portland, OR
I am not sure how old my chickies are-- I am guessing about 1.5 and 2 weeks old. I brought them home on 2/3. The largest of them is a Rhode Island Red and she has all most of her wing feathers. She and the Maran were the older of the chicks still in the store.
I want to add a Silver Lace Wyandotte, but they will not be at my local feed store until the 25th. Is that too far apart in age? I think they are probably a week old when they get to Wilco? Do I need to get two chicks, or can we keep a new chick alone in a separate part of the brooder where it can see the others?
1644440769724.png
1644440930168.png

Rhode Island and Easter Egger

Any idea how old, and if I can keep them with a week old bird two weeks from now?
Thank you =)

Last edited:
I am not sure how old my chickies are-- I am guessing about 1.5 and 2 weeks old. I brought them home on 2/3. The largest of them is a Rhode Island Red and she has all of her wing feathers. She and the Maran were the older of the chicks still in the store.
I want to add a Silver Lace Wyandotte, but they will not be at my local feed store until the 25th. Is that too far apart in age? I think they are probably a week old when they get to Wilco? Do I need to get two chicks, or can we keep a new chick alone in a separate part of the brooder where it can see the others?
View attachment 2988759View attachment 2988771
Rhode Island and Easter Egger

Any idea how old, and if I can keep them with a week old bird two weeks from now?
Thank you =)
They should me fine. I did chicks about 6 weeks apart and different size breeds and they were fine.

Back
Top Bottom