Aggression diet

TweeTea

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 11, 2012
Canberra, Australia
I have heard that commercial breeders throw styrofoam in with the chooks to curb aggresive behaviour. Curious if anyone else has heard this?
Anyway, my girls have gotten in to styrofoam in the past (escaping bean bag balls) and they went crazy birko over them! i dont want to feed my girls styrofoam but decided to try out popcorn (similar texture). They LOVE it!

Thought i would post it in case anyone has aggressive chook problems and wanted to trial it.

That's interesting, but I've never heard of people deliberately feeding chickens styrofoam, though I do know chickens love it. They like the texture and they like pecking it. Pop corn or a flock block would be better though! At least it's nutritious. I'll give it a try with my flock if I see aggression problems. Popcorn, not styrofoam!

Lol amazing how they have built in styrofoam detection devices! I made the mistake of insulating the inside of a roost area (pitch black where it was) only to find they were getting the midnight munchies.

None of my girls are aggresive but the unlucky lady at the bottom of my pack gets last pick at the food and has a poor apetite. So far the popcorn seems to help encourage her to get in and eat a bit more. Hoping it will help get her laying again.
1f414.png

Back
Top Bottom