1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Aggression issues with my Polish chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bizichick, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Bizichick

Bizichick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    Washington State
    I have 2, 4 wk old polish chicks. I know that it is very hard to sex them until they either crow or lay an egg. They both look so different though that I am hoping I have one of each and someone out there can help me figure this out. I have them in a brooding box with 7 other chicks I hatched. I have been waiting to see which turn out to be roosters and which are hens. I can only keep the hens. Here is my question.....chick #1 which I believe to be the rooster has started getting a little aggressive with the other polish chick #2. I havent noticed it being too aggressive yet with the other chicks which are not polish. My concern is that I possibly have two roosters. Although they both look VERY different, I have heard of crazier things happening. Chick #1 is bigger than #2. It also has a taller crown, longer feathers (especially the tail feathers) and has always seemed much less shy then chick #2. It also has thicker legs than chick #2. I feel pretty confident about which is the rooster but I would really appreciate input from others. I really would like to get rid of him now that he is getting aggressive but only if I can get some other opinions just incase. Also, opinions on #2? Looking hen like or roo like?

Any input would be VERY appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Pics 1-3 are Chick #1
    Pics 4-6 are Chick #2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. OreoPlymothRock

OreoPlymothRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Florida
    they are so cute. did you do some research on google?

3. Silkies~Polishes

Silkies~Polishes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I kindof think #2 could be a rooster, but is it possible to get some good pictures of both their wattles and combs to compair? You might want to wait a month or two and by then it will be easier to tell.

4. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    There is also a evil polish thread in the breed section, they may know better :)

5. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    Omg not evil!! Special*** *** is wrong with auto correct??!?

6. Bizichick

Bizichick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    Washington State
    Thanks for the replies...[​IMG] Neither one of them seem to have any combs or wattles to speak of. I am been watching for that. I will check out the Polish thread. I am sure hoping they don' BOTH turn out to be roosters. That would be just my luck![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by