Aggression issues with my Polish chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bizichick, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Bizichick

Bizichick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    Washington State
    I have 2, 4 wk old polish chicks. I know that it is very hard to sex them until they either crow or lay an egg. They both look so different though that I am hoping I have one of each and someone out there can help me figure this out. I have them in a brooding box with 7 other chicks I hatched. I have been waiting to see which turn out to be roosters and which are hens. I can only keep the hens. Here is my question.....chick #1 which I believe to be the rooster has started getting a little aggressive with the other polish chick #2. I havent noticed it being too aggressive yet with the other chicks which are not polish. My concern is that I possibly have two roosters. Although they both look VERY different, I have heard of crazier things happening. Chick #1 is bigger than #2. It also has a taller crown, longer feathers (especially the tail feathers) and has always seemed much less shy then chick #2. It also has thicker legs than chick #2. I feel pretty confident about which is the rooster but I would really appreciate input from others. I really would like to get rid of him now that he is getting aggressive but only if I can get some other opinions just incase. Also, opinions on #2? Looking hen like or roo like?

Any input would be VERY appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Pics 1-3 are Chick #1
    Pics 4-6 are Chick #2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. OreoPlymothRock

OreoPlymothRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Florida
    they are so cute. did you do some research on google?

3. Silkies~Polishes

Silkies~Polishes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I kindof think #2 could be a rooster, but is it possible to get some good pictures of both their wattles and combs to compair? You might want to wait a month or two and by then it will be easier to tell.

4. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    There is also a evil polish thread in the breed section, they may know better :)

5. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    Omg not evil!! Special*** *** is wrong with auto correct??!?

6. Bizichick

Bizichick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    Washington State
    Thanks for the replies...[​IMG] Neither one of them seem to have any combs or wattles to speak of. I am been watching for that. I will check out the Polish thread. I am sure hoping they don' BOTH turn out to be roosters. That would be just my luck![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by