Aggressive chick?

Lesler5

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 22, 2011
I have some chicks here (all supposed to be pullets) that are about 8 to 10 weeks old. There are fairly friendly but I have noticed in the past few days, one of my ameracauna chicks rushes the door when I put feed in and starts pecking at my hands and arms rather than going for the food. Is this normal? She doesn't bother my 2 year old son at all when he visits them. Any ideas?

Thanks. I was thinking maybe she's the boss of this young flock. I'll be integrating them with the 5 month olds soon, so that might change her behavior too I hope

I had a horribly aggressive black orpington chick that was I believe about 4 weeks old when I brought it home. That chick who ended up being a roo was the meanest little thing I ever saw, it would always go at my face and would make me bleed something fierce- he especially loved go go for my lips and would hang on with all his might. I was convinced he was the devil
somad.gif
and I was scared, let me tell you!

I tried all kinds of advice but nothing worked. So I just ignored him completely, it was easier once he was out in the coop and not in the brooder. Eventually he ended up being the sweetest thing, wanting to sit on me all the time while I petted him- it was actually amazing how he turned around.

So my best advice is to ignore the chick, it worked for me!

Good luck
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom