Aggressive Chicken Taken Into Custody in IL

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CodyChristine, Nov 4, 2008.

1. CodyChristine

CodyChristine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    Belle Plaine, MN
    I found this story in our local newspaper - now they're arresting chickens!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://wcco.com/watercooler/rooster.aggressive.water.2.856280.html

Ill. Police Take Aggressive Rooster Into Custody
    BENTON, Ill. (AP) ¯ A rooster played chicken in the wrong town. That's the word from the downstate community of Benton, Illinois, where police took a rooster into custody after it allegedly confronted a woman and her child. Police Chief Mike O'Neill said the rooster has been bothering people lately, trying to keep them from getting where they want to go.

O'Neill said officers had enough on Monday and took the rooster into custody after what he described as a brief scuffle.

Nobody was injured and the rooster was thrown in an enclosed area near the police department. There, it lived on chicken feed and water until police located the owner.

Chickens aren't allowed to live in Benton and the rooster was turned over to the owner only after he promised to find it a new home in the country.

2. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

A real bad boy, thrown out of town...

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Toooooo funny, the rooster CONFRONTED a woman and her child [​IMG]

4. CodyChristine

CodyChristine Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    Belle Plaine, MN
    Quote:"ALLEGEDLY" confronted a woman and her child ....[​IMG]

5. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    Just another case of anti chickenism.

Rufus

6. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I just popped in here to share this story. I thought the part where there was "a brief scuffle" was hilarious! I live in a small town and I can just picture the police here trying to catch a rooster. I'd pay to see it. [​IMG]

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:"ALLEGEDLY" confronted a woman and her child ....[​IMG]

[​IMG] Well on the bright side, they didn't charge the rooster with a crime. Or throw him in jail, do you KNOW what happens to roosters in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  8. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    We had a coop fire years ago, the coop was totally engulfed in flames. The run door was very close to the coop. I was desperately trying to break thru the back of the pen to get the chickens out, and they were insisting on hanging out close to the coop.
    The dispatcher asked something over the radio, and the cop said, in a totally serious voice " The occupants are refusing to leave". As I was crawling in the run rescuing chickens, I had to stop for a second to laugh at that.
    The newspaper article was totally hilarious, too. Just they way they wrote it. The reporter had asked me if I knew how the fire started, and I said " Well, I don't think they were smoking"
    She actually included that in the article.

I can imagine the police officer.. " hey buddy, you don't want to add resisting arrest to your charges."
    And he was in solitary confinement, and only got chicken feed and water? Sheesh, prisoners get fed better than that. I think that might be cruel and unusual punishment. That rooster should sue!

9. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:ROTFLOL! [​IMG]

10. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I am rolling here!!
    This is way too funny!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]