Aggressive drake constantly attacks old female

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Keely Noodle, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Keely Noodle

Keely Noodle In the Brooder

Sep 15, 2017
    Hi, I have 7 indian runners and my drake constantly attacks this one old female that isn't so good on her feet and is just really frail in general. She always runs, sometimes they will mate and others he will sit on top of her then get off again or just peck her neck a lot to the point where she sits alone in the duck house for hours.
    Is there a way I can stop this or make it less worse? We can't afford two duck houses so separating is quite hard and I don't like seeing them depressed on their own. My drake is just under a year old and we are currently in the summer.

casportpony likes this.
  2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

I think you have to find a way to separate them or find a home for the drake. :(

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    ShouldabeenaVET and Lil Drake40 like this.
  3. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

He is a bit Randy at his young age. Next breeding season he should calm down a bit..

4. Lil Drake40

Lil Drake40 Crowing

Apr 25, 2018
    Somewhere in the mountains
    She needs protection from your drake. Please separate her from him maybe with another female for company. She deserves better and protection.

5. Keely Noodle

Keely Noodle In the Brooder

Sep 15, 2017
    Thank you all, I'll be sure to separate her. Hopefully he calms down next year.

Miss Lydia likes this.
  6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

My Runner drake is now just over 2yrs and he is a bit calmer than his first year.

Keely Noodle and Table4Six like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: