Aggressive pullet to me so stuck what to do šŸ˜­

Can you tell us the circumstances surrounding her attacks?

Are you trying to pick her up
Is she cornered?
If you are just quietly near her not trying to touch her dies she just continue doing chicken things?

I ask because the bite marks are on hands.

Hi it started with if I tried to touch her after point of lay she would start to peck /bite me always been handled fine til then I hatched her last August.... Now got to point if I am near her dealing with another chicken she will. Come. At. Me kicking me with both legs and trying to bit my hands she just stays still when I pick her up hope that helps xx

She does tense up stop what she doing if I'm to near I don't understand it these gals are my life don't expect her to be as nice and cuddly as the others just want to be able to be near her or pick her up if j need to without the drama

I find that the vast majority of chickens prefer to not be touched.

Maybe it's worth trying a few weeks of being near but not approaching or touching them.
Even my birds that are extra skittish will come hang out near me in the garden....as long as I don't move directly toward them or stare at them. Either of those things send them scurrying off.

Hi it started with if I tried to touch her after point of lay she would start to peck /bite me always been handled fine til then I hatched her last August.... Now got to point if I am near her dealing with another chicken she will. Come. At. Me kicking me with both legs and trying to bit my hands she just stays still when I pick her up hope that helps xx
This sounds as if she acquired the role of flock protector aka surrogate rooster.

Back
Top Bottom