1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Aggressive rabbit. I need advice.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hazeleyes27, Sep 27, 2015.

1. hazeleyes27

hazeleyes27 Just Hatched

Sep 22, 2015
    California/ Nevada border
    so I just recently got 3 HimalayanĂ—lionhead mixes two females one male one of the females I have is super aggressive she'll be a year old in January. i what can I do to get her to stop being so mean I would really love to breed her. she has a beautiful mane on her but I definitely need to try to break her of her aggression.[​IMG]

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    I have a lovely scar on my right wrist that was put there by the teeth of a Netherland Dwarf 15 years ago. I raised that rabbit; I know for a fact that he was not scared or mishandled. I don't ever want to hear that one of my rabbits did that to a small child! A certain amount of personality is inherited, and I want to be producing docile, friendly animals. I make it a point never to breed aggressive rabbits; and that goes double for "pet" breeds.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    2 people like this.
  3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Even when I was raising rabbits for the meat market, I didn't keep aggressive rabbits. Aggressiveness is inherited! Not a good idea to breed her.

Maybe she is being mean because she doesn't know you??

4. hazeleyes27

hazeleyes27 Just Hatched

Sep 22, 2015
    California/ Nevada border
    that's why I'm definitely trying to rid her of it I definitely don't want that to happen to anyone it's crazy the male is her brother and the other female is her mother and neither of them are aggressive a bit scared but definitely not mean

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I don't know what causes them to be mean. I would just have one grow up like that occassionally.

But, ther is the possibility that maybe she is stressed by the change in her environment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by