Aggressive Silkie Roo

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by kasey08, May 4, 2011.

1. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    What should I do with 2 aggressive silkie roos. They both are in different pens and they both go after me when I go into the run. One has made me bleed by going after my ankle. Should I just stand my ground? they both have been at my house for about 2 weeks.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. kasey08

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    Any ideas?One wont even let me close to the hens. I did manage to take her away so maybe he will calm down. The only one with him is a Broody hen.

3. chicken crazed 1o1

chicken crazed 1o1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Dugald , Manitoba
    Sometime times if you pick the rooster up and not let him go and gentily stroke his neck .

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I've only had one Silkie rooster, my daughter used to carry him around like a baby. Had that sweet little guy 2 years. We then gifted him to my brothers girlfriend, she carries him around in one of those bags made for little dogs and he wears little diapers [​IMG] she loves that roo. Stand your ground around them, act big. Any of my frisky roosters have always gotten the boot- not hard but they but enough to give them a start. If they come back for more after that- I'll hold them on the ground and usually the other chickens will peck them a bit. And if I have to go beyond that it involves me firing up my grill and sharpening my hatchet.

5. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Silkies are light weights and easy to pick up. Once picked up the snuggle bug will kick in much to the rooster's horror. Yep they are just so soft n cuddle. Hard not to snuggle and pet them. Ofcourse they hate it when you do this in front of the girls.

6. kasey08

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    Yes I agree. If things dont stop then he wont stay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by