aghh silkie eggs i give up

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by raiderbabe239, Sep 10, 2009.

1. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 ♥ Hatchaholic ♥

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
    i give up [​IMG] i want silkies soo bad and the pretty ones not the hatchery kind, well im on day 24 and my show quality silkie eggs havnt hatched [​IMG] only 5 out of 12 even developed and this is my third batch ive bought form people off of ebay, i guess it just wasnt meant to be =/

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]
    Sorry you're not having any luck.

3. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    I gave up buying shipped egg too. I average 2 hatch out of 12 eggs with shipped eggs. That usually ends up being about $16 a chick. The last batch the ebay seller sent were silkie mutts(black skin,5 toes, and lots of feathers.
    I gave away 9 cochin eggs. I've had 100% hatch rate with them so far from 3 hatches. The person I sent them to had 3 pip & 2 hatch. I think it's just the abuse they take while being shipped.

4. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Bobbi Porto has nice SQ Silkies, and she is close to you. She's in Lutz, FL. Try some of her eggs. My customers are having good hatches with my Silkie eggs (Bearded Buffs). I can sell you some when I get back from the Bahamas- 9/21. Let me know. [​IMG]

5. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Bobbi Portos website is IndigoEgg.US get in touch with her you won't be sorry.

6. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Yes, definitely buy from someone local. I just went to Bobbi's today and picked up a load of chicks. Hers are gorgeous!

7. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I bought eggs from chickenzoo and have some gorgeous silkies to show for it. Plus, they have wonderful temperaments. My hatch rate was very good, especially for shipped eggs. She is in FL, not sure where in relation to you.

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OH I know how you feel! That's why I travelled 12 hours to Amy to pick up silkie chicks SHE hatched out! LOL I can't hatch them either! I think the PO is not a place for silkies. Maybe I can hatch some here at my home now with my wonderful flock I got from Amy [​IMG]

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Kelly I have a few from Bobbi's line and they are gorgeous!

10. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 ♥ Hatchaholic ♥

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Thanks guys, im going to the swap in october so hopefully someone will have chicks there if not ill deffinatley try contacting Bobbi lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by