Aghhhhhh. What do you think

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Country Living Farm, May 3, 2009.

1. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    As I was checking my eggs last night, my flashling slipped and hit the top of one of my Black Copper Maran eggs. (The air side) I noticed a drop of blood that was it. The sack and everything is still solid and there are not rips or holes in it. I put the egg in another incubator just in case it leaks or something. Also, a second egg was cracked where it looks like a peep and that is it. Has anyone ever done this and if so, did it hatch.

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

How far along is the egg that you cracked?

3. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    Sorry forgot that part and it is on day 16 last night. It happened around 10 at night so I guess you could say day 17 if you really wanted to. My hope is that it is fully developed which is why I put it in a different incubator.
    :[​IMG]

4. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Day 16 I would go ahead and wax the crack. It "should" be ok.
    [​IMG]

5. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    The one where it looks like a peep I can, but the other, the entire top, air sack, ect is completely crushed. Kind of like when you crack open a hard boiled egg?? I left it the way it was. You can not see the chick or anything jus the shell is smashed up. The bottom the the egg shell is fine

6. Country Living Farm

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    The one where it looks like a peep I can, but the other, the entire top, air sack, ect is completely crushed. Kind of like when you crack open a hard boiled egg?? I left it the way it was. You can not see the chick or anything jus the shell is smashed up. The bottom the the egg shell is fine

7. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    I accidentally opened a 4 mm hole in a egg wheaton maran egg 10 days before hatch. It was in the air sac compartment. I put the egg back in my RCom20 incubator and the sweet little chick hatched today - a very healthy yellow fluff. The membrane and stuck to her so I helped her out but she is just fine.

Hope yours has a happy ending too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by