Aging dogs and hemp/pot suppliments

prostar

Crossing the Road
9 Years
Apr 23, 2015
Sunny SoCal
Hey all!

Ok so my aging girl has been on glucosamine here and there for a while. But...I think she may need something a bit more. (Lets be honest - chews are also easier and more consistent of doses than drizzling liquid stuff on her food) Has anyone tried something like this? I have a friend who has her tiny dog on pot products and sings it’s praises but I wanted to check in with a larger sample size than just one person’s experience.

https://www.chewy.com/pethonesty-hemp-mobility-snacks-hip/dp/190519

I’ve used supplements from this line before (mainly the cranberry - cause yes, she’s also prone to urinary infections - not had a problem since going on them!)

Pic of my girl for poops and grins. She’s a purebred Canadian (aka I have no idea - Shepherd, collie, lab, gosh knows) and she’s about 11.5 years old. She’s not doing terrible but sometimes getting up for her pee of the evening is a little hard, and I can’t really take her for walks (though she does accompany me to the chicken coop, around the yard, and does still visit neighbors)

Peach and I thank you all for your feedback/experiences!

2A664FD9-FFF1-4857-B675-A58C88E1EDD1.jpeg

What a sweetie! She knows you're giving her all the special care she deserves.

I've been using cannabis to treat my chickens for a long time. I haven't found that it improves the ones who suffer from arthritis, but I've heard cannabis is much more effective on dogs for this purpose.

I grow and make my own products from salves and tinctures to oil capsules, and I've found that the effectiveness varies from human to human and I don't see why dogs shouldn't be as varied in their responses to cannabis. Give it a try. It can't hurt her.

MSM. I use it, our 11 year old pomeranian gets it and I once used on our old shetland pony who lived to be 43. We started out using it for cushings disease and it helped him so much that at his age was able to run with the young ones. Vet swore I was lying about its age but I had it from its birth as a child. Try it!

MSM. I use it, our 11 year old pomeranian gets it and I once used on our old shetland pony who lived to be 43. We started out using it for cushings disease and it helped him so much that at his age was able to run with the young ones. Vet swore I was lying about its age but I had it from its birth as a child. Try it!
This stuff has msm in it. But the synflex (liquid stuff) does not. Hmm!!! Ordered. We’ll see how it goes.

And I ordered some bully sticks for her too so I can get the free shipping lol.

Back
Top Bottom