agressive rooster

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by georgebob2u, Jul 23, 2011.

1. georgebob2u

georgebob2u New Egg

Apr 30, 2011
    I have a three month old rooster that is getting very aggressive with my other hens and pullets! any advise

2. Cockadoodledon't

Cockadoodledon't Chillin' With My Peeps

He may need to be put in the pot.
    If he is getting really aggressive at that age, you may not have any choice, unless you re-home him.
    Has he gotten aggressive toward you or your family?
    What kind of Roo...?

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    My way of dealing with any nasty aggressive roo is buh bye time. If he is that aggressive at 3 months old its going to get much worse-

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Is he aggressive, or is he trying to breed them? If he is truly aggressive, off with his head. If he is trying to breed them, separate him away from them until they are laying and more willing to breed.

5. Saltysteele

Saltysteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    MI
    i have no idea what kind of chicken this is, but there are birds out there aggressive enough to kill hens

6. surgerynut

surgerynut Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Leavenworth, KS
    I have 2 like that. They are attacking my poor lame turkey. These roosters are only about 4 months old and have just learned to crow, but they are not holding back with this poor turkey who is twice their size. They're going to new homes Monday. I hate to give up on them at such an early age, but I really don't want any of the others hurt. Tell me I'm right...even if I'm sure I can save the world from itself.[​IMG]

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:100% right!

8. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    younger cockerels sometimes mock fight with older hens to established hierarchy..... the hens usually puts them in their place quickly.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by