1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Agressive Silkie Roo

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cactus-hen, Jan 3, 2009.

1. cactus-hen

cactus-hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Fluff is the only remaining Silkie from a batch I bought several months age. He is sexually mature now. All my mature hens are of the EE variety and are too large for him to mount. I have been trying to locate adult Silkie hens for him but nothing is available. He has resorted to chasing my adolescent chickens and pulling the feathers off their butts. Every evening he stands at the door to the coop and waits. If I'm not there to chase him off he usually gets 2 or 3 before they can get around him and into the coop. I don't want to get rid of him. What can I do to stop this behavior?

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

If you can keep him with the larger girls, he will eventually figure out how to make them his. But if you can keep him away from the youngins, that would be best.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by