1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    So a couple of my chickens are a little under the weather and I'm thinking it's a resp. thing, I went out and bought Agrimycin and before I could do any proper research on it my husband went ahead and added it to the chicken water last night. I jumped online right away today to look it up and now I'm worried I can't eat the eggs! Some say it's 2-3 weeks and one I ran across even said that I could NEVER eat the eggs again!! What the heck! Is this true? If it is, can I take the water away quickly and hope they didn't drink too much??

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Agrimycin soluable powder: It's true they recommend not to eat eggs after use. However, there is a 5 day withdrawal for slaughter consumption for turkey, swine, sheep...chickens arnt mentioned. If it's safe to eat turkey etc... after 5 days, then it should be safe to eat chicken eggs after the 5th day. I believe they are worried about bacterial immunity to antibiotics down the road if you get an infection. http://www.drugs.com/vet/agrimycin-powder.html

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  3. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Thanks so much, I don't feel so bad now!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by