agruments and chickens? related or not?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kryptoniteqhs, Jan 19, 2009.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    I just got in a big argument with my bf and one of the things that got brought up was how I spend way too much (well all) my money on chickens...... [​IMG]

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Are you serious?

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I want to ask you, how much do you spend on them??? My chickens are fairly cheap to keep.

4. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    its not that i spend too much money on them or on each individual one...its just that i buy way too many and dont make much and it really adds up

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

If that's the biggest thing, the chickens, sounds like that's not the core of the issue. Perhaps it is the money crunch thing and not just the birds. Time to sit down, talk it out, and make a budget for the birds and other things. Likely, the chickens are just part of the argument. At one time I spent all of my money and then some on the chickens, but I was a student at the time.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I think you need to sit down with him and relate it cost wise to any other hobby one might have. Knitting is expensive, crocheting is expensive, and scrapbooking is over the top EXPENSIVE! On the guys side, racing is expensive, football is expensive, baseball, don't even get me started, etc..... You know what I mean!

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    *sigh*...why ooh WHY do women care what their men say....*sighs more*...tell him to come live with me...[​IMG] he'll think you are a saint!..and worship you after.....[​IMG]

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I think the BF is feeling a little "left out" or there is something else brewing, perhaps he wants to save for something and hasn't said it yet???

Go talk some more. ! [​IMG]

9. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:What about on the GUYS side, chickens are expensive, quails are expensive, turkeys are expensive, coops are EXPENSIVE [​IMG]

10. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    Quote:lol....ill say something to him...hes stubborn tho...itll sure take some convincing haha

and no that wasnt what the argument was over...it just got brought up in the middle....and its not the first time its been mentioned to me outside of or during an argument and hes not the first person to say something about it.....but i try and tell people (i also have horses) that they are WAY cheaper than horses and since I got chickens ive not done as much with the horses so BACK OFF!! but they dont listen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by