Agway brand feed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by channel12001, May 29, 2010.

1. channel12001

channel12001 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2010
    I will be switching to a grower feed soon. Right now I have Purina chick starter that I bought from TSC, which is about a 45 minute drive for me. I checked the local Agway today and they have both grower and layer feed for about the same price. Agway is about a 5 minute drive for me. I have been searching the boards and have not really seen any bad feedback about the Agway brand feeds. It seems like many of you use Agway brand with no problems. Just wondering if they are a good brand or if I should shy away from using it. I think a lot of this comes from just looking at the bag. There are no fancy pictures or writing on the bags and they almost look generic. But I realize that it is all about marketing even in the chicken feed business. If there is nothing wrong with Agway feed and it is easier for me to get then why not use it??

Also, when making the transition from one brand to another, how long should the process take in order to avoid diarrhea etc?? I was thinking slowly combining until fully switched over the course of a week or so??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by