Ah, fresh eggs again!!

kristenm1975

Songster
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Seattle, WA
After a long six months without my chickens, I now have some of them back again, safely tucked away in my front yard Catawba Converticoop. I built the tractor for a customer back when I was making the Catawbas for a side income, and for some bizarre reason, this coop was never picked up, so I've begun using it. My hens apparently feel safe enough in it to lay their eggs and I've just gotten my fourth egg since Sunday. My girls are all three dark egg layers, two Crele Penedencas, and one Barnevelder, but I'm not sure who's laying what. There have been two identical ones, dark with some red spots on it, and one lighter one I'm assuming came from the Barnevelder, but I'm not sure. Yes, I know its cruel to post with no pictures, but I'll get there! I'm saving the first three eggs for photo documentation before we eat them, but I just had the fourth egg a moment ago and it tasted like a dream. I'm so happy to have my ladies back again!!

No pic of the eggs still, but here's a shot of the "ugly" tractor before it got faded and worn.

13565_finalwhidbey_018.jpg

Last edited:

kristenm1975

Songster
11 Years
Jul 23, 2008
Seattle, WA
Thank you!! Yep, I was a jumping, screaming fool when I found the first two eggs. I hadn't thought these little ladies were laying yet! What a nice surprise to see those dark lovelies nestled up all warm in the nest. Never seen a more beautiful sight.

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
I love your chicken tractor! I am glad you have your chickens back and that they are laying.. I can't wait to see pictures of your eggs and the girls...

Top Bottom