AH Haa! Found her pile of eggs!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by luvmycritters42, Nov 4, 2010.

1. luvmycritters42

luvmycritters42 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2009
    Western WA
    My 7 month Easter Egger has been laying for a couple weeks very sporadically, and not always in the nest box. I just figured she was young and it's winter so 1 or 2 eggs a week was ok. But I have also been keeping my eye out in the yard in case she was laying outside....and today I spotted her "sneaking" off in to the brush by herself. I went to check it out and sure enough...... a nest with 12 eggs!! Now it will be "jail" time to train her to lay in the nest box. fun fun.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. ducksarecool12

ducksarecool12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    oklahoma
    haha poor chicken

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Good luck with that [​IMG]

I had an EE that would lay her eggs in the trickiest places....3 different times this year I caught her stashing eggs in 3 different spots. Some had over 20 eggs, so I think that she just didn't want me taking them [​IMG]

4. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    haha i could imagine going outside and finding 20 eggs! lol JACKPOT

5. oliviad51

oliviad51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yes! I have an EE hen that likes to lay in a cabinet in the garage. I also have a hen that lays eggs on top of the freezer in the garage and the eggs fall onto the ground.
    Once we had a hen hop into a cabinet. One time, I opened the cabinet to get something and found a dead hen in it with about 30 eggs under her. Poor thing must have jumped in there and the cabinet door closed! I felt so bad, but I guess there's nothing I can do. ):

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by