1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

AH! Issues with ebay seller, advice please!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SloCrevs, Jul 11, 2008.

1. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Ok, I have been trying to get 3 books that I bought off of ebay for a while now. I won all 3 back in NOVEMBER! I told her that I would report her, and then she responded that I never payed, I sent her my receipt from paypal, then she said that she was on vacation and would send them in a week. This was in May! Here is the most recent email I got from her:

Hello,
    I am in Wa DC with my husband at the moment. The has a job interview tomorrow. I wanted to let you know that the book will be mailed the second I get back to PA. Thank you, (name deleted).

This was on May 8th! Of course, through ebay I can only dispute my claim w/in 60 days (so I've found). What do I do??? Help please!

I have been very nice, here is my correspondance with her:

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008, at 12:15PM, "Sarah (deleted)" wrote:
    >I have emailed you the receipt from the payment for the three books that I purchased on ebay from you. If there is some reason why you cannot send them to me, I expect a full refund. If I do not get a response in a week (as I have been waiting for one), I will file a claim with Ebay and with Paypal for the items that I have not received. I would still like the books, but if it is not possible, I will accept a refund. Please respond promptly. I hate to leave negatives or file a claim, as you were so nice to work with while making my purchase. Thank you
    >
    > -Sarah

Her response:
    Hello,
    I had sent you an email stating that I would be sending your book out at the end of this week. I apologize for any inconvience this has caused. I had to work things out with paypal because they showed the books as not paid for. After I had sent them your email, they investigated and corrected the problem. I heard back from them on May 1st. If you have any questions, please contact me. Thank you, (deleted)

My response:
    Thank you very much. I never received that email, but I am glad that you responded and we were able to work this out. I really did not want to file a report, you were so nice to work with while ordering. Thank you.

-Sarah

Then I got the response first mentioned.

Here is my response, and the last email I sent her(on June 9th)
    Hello (deleted),
    I was wondering if you have mailed the books yet. It has been slightly over a month, and I figured that it should take about 2 weeks max for the books to come in the mail (plus two weeks for your DC trip). If you have sent them, I would appreciate the Delivery Conformation # if you have one. Thanks!

-Sarah

PS. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

What do I do???
    I either want my books, or a refund.

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Well, I must say you've been more than patient, I would have filed a claim on the 59th day....I would write her and tell her I want a refund, that you've been more than nice and that she owes you money to avoid a dispute. Unless she knows you can't do nothing after 60 days, in which case u may be SOL. Were they expensive????

3. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    They weren't too expensive, but that's $20 out the window. I think I'll go through paypal and file a report with them.

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

That's way too long to have waited.
    Darn, hit the send too fast.

I'd report her...I've had to do that ONCE! I waited 3 months and kept emailing. Finally, I gave her negative/nonpaying feedback and she certainly wrote back quick to the tune of how could you do that to me?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  5. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    File a complaint thru Paypal. If you can't resolve it, then you can ask them to resolve it. So you will either get your money back, or she will mail those books. I try to do all my buying thru Paypal, they got me my money back on a phone that was stolen.

6. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Why I waited so long was the fact that I had email issues, couldn't get a hold of her. So I filed with paypal, they don't have a limit on time after ordering to file a complaint.

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:It isn't worth your time or aggravation to pursue this over $20. Let it go and
    forget it. Just my $.02.

8. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Did you leave feedback yet for the seller? You can threaten to leave negative feedback. I would also go ahead and report it to PayPal and mention it to EBay, but most sellers are most concerned with feedback. NO ONE wants negative feedback.

I would say something like this:

Dear

Since I have been waiting months for you to ship the books to me, I have to draw the line somewhere. Therefore, unless you contact me with a valid delivery confirmation number no later than 5:00PM on Tuesday, July x, 2008, I will be forced to report this incident to PayPal and EBay, and I will be leaving detailed negative feedback as well. If you are unable or unwilling to ship the items by that date and time, please issue a full refund to my PayPal account by that time. I must have solid proof of shipment from the post office in order to avoid taking action against you.

9. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    This person is unfit to be on ebay. Leave neg feedback and report her ASAP. [​IMG]

10. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Too bad that eBay is all talk and very little action. As long as THEY get their fees, they are happy. Oh, they blow smoke from time to time, but they rarely do much to truly discipline.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by