AHAH!!! Little Giant x 3

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rodriguezpoultry, Jul 2, 2010.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Whelp, just candled my eggs for the second time!!! I've got ALOT more development than I thought I did!

Out of 12 + 14 = 26 eggs, I've got 11 left in the incubator. The 14 got lost in the post office due to a miscommunication, so I'm not too upset about those. Plus the seller is sending me more!!! [​IMG] The remaining egg from her smells "off" but I'll give it a few more days to redeem itself.

I had 12 eggs of my Langshans in there...so far, 10 are developing! WHOOP! The other 2 had dead veins, so they were developing but died. Something's going right in there!!! Woohoo!!!

2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Grats on the hatch so far! Good luck with the ones still in [​IMG]

If the one smells off (or at all, I don't think good eggs are really supposed to have much of a smell), you probably shouldn't let it stay. 'Off' can quickly become 'bomb' and you certainly don't want to deal with that >.<

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] some good news [​IMG]

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:True, but the embryo was still moving. It could have been it was relatively close to another one that was waiting to be a time bomb. I've marked it and will smell it again in 2 days.

I've gotten REALLY good at smelling stinkers almost the day they turn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by