1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ahh my babies love me

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sheila3935, May 12, 2011.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    my babies are out in their coop. They are about 7 weeks old. Since I put them in their coop 2 weeks ago I have been the one putting them up at night. Tonight DH and I had some runs to make. I called DD and told her we were running late and she would have to put the chickens and ducks up. A little bit later she called to say something was wrong with the babies. She said after she ran them in from the run they huddled by the door in a big chicken ball and wouldnt move. I told her to turn the light on since I usually put them up way before dark. She did that and they still hung at the door. I got home shortly after that and went out to check them. When I walked in they came running away from the pop door and went over to get something to eat and drink. Guess they were scared cause I didnt put them up. They love me! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    awww what a good chickie momma!

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Thank you. Thses are chicks that only one will come up to me so that made me feel good to know that they do like me.

4. Mom2sixpeeps

Mom2sixpeeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    Monroe, GA
    How sweet!!!

5. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    such a cute story [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by