ahhh! broken eggs!! I could cry right now!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jen85, Dec 21, 2011.

1. jen85

jen85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] I ordered some eggs from the auctions here and they arrived today. I was so excited and unwrapped them all super carefully, with clean hands and put them in egg cartons to sit for awhile. I had just finished and was so happy they were all in good shape, when my 6 year old neice runs in to get a drink and accidently knocks the egg cartons off the counter breaking 8 of the eggs. I was only able to patch one. I had to tell myself, they are just eggs.... [​IMG]

2. Jay262

Jay262 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Good luck i to had eggs arrive today im about to put them in the incubator in a few mins.

3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry!

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I'm sooo sorry. [​IMG]

5. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    oohh so sorry [​IMG]

I had a tray of eggs that I had carefully sorted and saved from my own chickens.. 3 days straight.. turning them and all.. asked DH to bring them to me as I was adding water to the incubator and he dropped them.. I was so upset..

Sending Kleenex your way to dry your tears
    Shelly

6. jen85

jen85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Thanks. I would be mad if my husband had done it lol. I had to pretend it didn't matter with my neice. I just hope something hatches! They have been shaken up by the post office and now a fall... We will see.

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I'm so sorry.

8. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG] Oh nooo!! I'm so sorry!!!

9. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Oh well no use crying over broken eggs!!!! Anyway the child is only 6yrs old and doesn't know how important the eggs were to you. No use upsetting the child so good for you that you didn't get cross with her. - If it was my DH years ago I would probably have gotten cross but now his hand gives way all the time so I just take broken things in my stride ( Though when he lifts the grand baby I kind of "hover" under his arms!!!!!!!!

Oesdog - hope you get something to hatch! Though it could be a bit scrambled!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Aww, that's a bummer. I recently told someone I'd collect eggs for them to hatch. So were standing there when the crate I precariously had sitting on the nest boxes and that I set the carton of eggs on starts to fall. Too late!! The darn carton fell to the floor right in front of the person. [​IMG] Lost one, but what can you do?! Yep, they're just eggs and more can be gotten. Hope you have a good hatch with what you have [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by