ahhh hatching turkey eggs -need dummy directions for cook time!

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
yup I swore after I gave my midget whites to a friend I would never do turkeys again! Too much for me-loved them and spiled them but just not for me:( anyhoo my freind asked me to hatch put 8 turkeys for her and I said sure-as Long as she taked them within 1-2 days after hatching!

what's a quick low down on temps and humidity and such for them?? please and thank you folks
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I did love my midget whites-but they beat up my girls all the time-they ate a ton and pooped way more than I thought-the coops were impossible to keep clean and Im a freak!-so My friend had alot more property than I 15 acres I had 6 funky acres-she was preparred for their space needed-All though mine free ranged and such-It wasn't a good fit for me:( The pecked too many skulls on my chickens and enough was enough...they are at a great home that gets just as much love as I gave them-I couldnt be happier:)

Quote:
I use a sportsman. I have 58 turkeys set right now.. have 4 in the brooder..

I use 99.5F to 100F .. 35% to 40% humidity,, 60% humidity at lockdown.. same as for guineas...and chickens.. and muscovy ducks... and at 6:38 tonight I hatched a goose with this same formula..

one note: when you put them into a brooder after they hatch, keep the temperature low,, 85F to 90F, no more than 90F. they don't handle heat well..

edit: 28 days

Last edited:
Quote:
I use a sportsman. I have 58 turkeys set right now.. have 4 in the brooder..

I use 99.5F to 100F .. 35% to 40% humidity,, 60% humidity at lockdown.. same as for guineas...and chickens.. and muscovy ducks... and at 6:38 tonight I hatched a goose with this same formula..

one note: when you put them into a brooder after they hatch, keep the temperature low,, 85F to 90F, no more than 90F. they don't handle heat well..

edit: 28 days

thank you very much--
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom