1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

AHHH! My first baby hatched!!!!!! -Update w/ pics-

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Corey NC, May 10, 2007.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I can barely type for excitment, so it is day 20ish and I come home from work and went to check on Momma and there was the bity baby!!! It is a NN but no Necked neck [​IMG] oh well, it isd the cutest white bity. I have named her ([​IMG]) Holly. I have at least two more pippes!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  2. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    congrats! hope you get more hatchlings soon![​IMG]

3. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Update:
    Momma is doing great and I have another baby, I looked at the chicks and both are Feather footed!! [​IMG] Is it possible for NNs to have feathered feeties?

Alrighty Here is baby Holly, who upon closer inspection looks like a splash.

[​IMG]

And here is the baby that was under Momma this morning. I have named her Bonnie, I don't know what color she is besides silvery brown [​IMG] . Still no NN but I still have hope. (she has dark legs, can NNs have dark legs?)

[​IMG]

I will Update with more pics as they hatch!

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Corey....WOohoo!! Congrats!! I just love little babies....I should have some this weekend too, yours are sooooo cute!!![​IMG]

5. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Congrats Corey!! So cute. Arn't they so fun to watch. Keep us updated. Hope you get lots more!!!!
    Cindy

6. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Love your pictures. It is my opinion that chicks with a mother hen is the way to go. It is a chick that is fortunate to enter this world to a loving and warm mama. Lets hear it for the great broody mothers! I don't know if the naked necks are evident in Turken chicks or not. I saw some at the feed store and I don't remember seeing any naked necks on them, maybe this this is a trait that develops later.

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Awesome!!! What adorable chickies!!!

Keep the pics coming!!

Lori

8. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Moses is a DADDY!!!!!!
    The first standard chick from my own flock just hatched out still all wet it looks like a white or buff chick. Maybe a pure buff orp or a buff orp cross (see siggy for possibilities)? Who knows but I am so excited! as soon as I get new batteries for my camera pictures will be up! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]y

Here is the pic of the new baby right in the very back in the middle.

[​IMG]

And here is another pic of Holly I just couldn't resist

[​IMG]

I will post more once SHE is all fluffy. (positive thoughs [​IMG] )

9. Cheeks

Cheeks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Ohio
    keep posting! they are precious!

10. chasehope

chasehope Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    My turken babies are born with naked necks. I have 11 that are a week old and have been nekked since hatching. I will try to get some pictures to post tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by