1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

AHHH NOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Aug 8, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Okay so my one button quail egg was rocking this morning.....and i kept checking the temp and it kept hovering around 100...and i was urked because i cuoldnt get the humidity up to even 40....then when I went to erase the kept computer "high and low" temps on my temp and humidity gauge and it didnt work i realized my stupid temp and humidity werent reading because the battery was dying!!!!!!! Now im devistated......it's been hours of me assuming the temp was at 100....now i have NO IDEA what the temps were at. THe eggs are warm, warmer than my hands atleast....I hope to gosh they diddnt die from that......*so paranoid right now*....I have varoius stages in my incubator. Ones due to hatch on sunday or monday, then another batch due to hatch on 17th and or 18th, thenn the last batch to hatch on the 21st and 22nd.....

*wants to hide in a hole now....*

2. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    it looks like they've been around 96 F for I dont know how long......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    They should be okay...just give the eggs longer to hatch now.
    Let us know when you have peeps [​IMG]

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:really!? oh thank gosh!!!! PHEW!!! [​IMG] Kay I can do that, anything as long as they'er still alive LOL!

Niki

5. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I had my power go out one night during the incubation and still had a great hatch! Your eggs should be fine as long as they didnt get tooo hot or tooo cold....but 96 isnt bad!
    Good Luck [​IMG]

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:phew phew phew!!! that makes me feel a lot better. Yeah all day today I think that's the temp they were at being as I stilll had to turn the other eggs (i do it about 3-4 times a day) and each time it felt *acceptable temps* to me and the eggs were toasty thats why I ddint think anything of it other than wow...my guage is staying too steady!?!?! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by