Ahhh the never ending poop...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Totes Quackers, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Totes Quackers

Totes Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne
    Our backyard is 1/4 acre.. most of which is lovely green lawn.. yet my quacker and chooks seem to think our deck at the back door is a cool place to hang out and POOP! If they hear you in the house they come up and peck on the windows... My husband works night shift so I am out there every evening getting rid of the evidence.. Why no darling, they don't come on the deck at all... BAH!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] Mine do that too... Luckily most of the garden is soil (no evidence) or bricks (use the hose). Luckily it isn't Droughting in Australia right now so I can waterblast all the poop away every now and then. Ahem. Every afternoon. [​IMG]

3. Totes Quackers

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne
    Quote:Yep.. Pressure washing in winter is a dead give away that they have been on the deck.. it never dries before he gets home.. [​IMG]
    I'm out there wilth a jug of water and a crap load of paper towel... [​IMG]
    I tried telling the dogs to shoo them off but they look at me like what!?! You wanted them.. Ahh lucky I love them [​IMG]

4. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Quote:Yep.. Pressure washing in winter is a dead give away that they have been on the deck.. it never dries before he gets home.. [​IMG]
    I tried telling the dogs to shoo them off but they look at me like what!?! You wanted them.. Ahh lucky I love them [​IMG]

I know how you feel, I used to catch every rooster I owned and put them into their bedtime box at night so the neighbours wouldn't complain about the crowing! For 6 months. Until we got sprung by the horrible (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) down the road and had to rehome them. [​IMG] The things I would do for my birds far outweigh those for other humanoid creatures LOL

5. Totes Quackers

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne

I know how you feel, I used to catch every rooster I owned and put them into their bedtime box at night so the neighbours wouldn't complain about the crowing! For 6 months. Until we got sprung by the horrible (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) down the road and had to rehome them. [​IMG] The things I would do for my birds far outweigh those for other humanoid creatures LOL

We have a neighbour with a rooster, I kinda like it! I am waiting for someone to complain tho.. never mind their dogs that bark 24/7.. I'd rather listen to a rooster!

6. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Mine always poo on the 2x4 ft door patio area. I'm like.. Hellooo ducks? See all that grass? And I too make sure to hose it off before the hubby gets home.
    My 2 chickens jumped on his BBQ grill and poo-ed a couple times. Then it was over for the hubby. (Don't mess with the grill.) Luckily they stopped that after he had a talk with them.
    He said, "If you poo on my BBQ grill, you will become BBQ."

I think these 2 chickens must understand English.

7. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    [​IMG] Yep...understood! No matter where they CAN go....they go where they can!

8. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

At least they're not broody [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by