AHHH!!!! The waiting is KILLING me!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Grindlefamily, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Grindlefamily

Grindlefamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    According to the feed store, the chicks I ordered should be in any moment (what does that mean??? today - tomorrow - WHEN!)!!! AHHHH!!! I feel like I have been waiting forever for the little gals to arrive! My children have been counting down and yet no chicks (cry cry). [​IMG]

Sorry - had to vent a little - we've been waiting for a phone call all day - and I just called and was told they should be in but that the hatcheries are overrun with orders, so we need to be patient! AHHH!!! We've been patient for 3 weeks! [​IMG]

Okay - so patiently waiting the arrival of chicks is about to kill me!

Thanks for listening.

Louella

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    I know how you feel. I was waiting for mine to come in and waiting, finally they came in two days later, whew what a relief. It was worth the wait believe me. Hope all goes well for you and the babies. [​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

3. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Here's watcha do:

Get out the phone book and call all the feed stores, pet stores and call 'em all and ask if they have baby chicks. Don't stop until ya find some, and then drive and drive and drive until you get some.

Then the babies will be in at the other feed store and you can buy some more!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

p.s. what are you thinking? 3 is NOT enough chickens! ya gotta start with 5 or 6!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  4. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    just think those lil chickies will be worth the wait.

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    5 or 6!!! you gotta start with 10 or 12....or maybe 20 or 24......or like me 45!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I love each and every one of them. [​IMG]

6. Grindlefamily

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    LOL - hubby only agreed to 3 [​IMG] But I'm working on him!

We live in town, so it is hard to have too many but I've got my eyes on a few older ones if they are still available on Sunday I'll have a couple more LOL

Good thing he loves me!

Louella

7. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

I hear you...mine will come May 16...arghhhhhhhhhhh![​IMG]

8. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I thought all feed stores told you a date that they would be in. Not that they would call you. Ours told us pick up is May 9 or 10. I feel your pain, I cant wait for mine either I have 14 coming in May and 50 in June. [​IMG]

9. Grindlefamily

Mar 30, 2008
    Fairfield, ME
    They said when I ordered them they would call when they came in and no word yet. I called on Friday (when I thought they were to arrive) and was told no chicks yet, and that Friday was supposed to be the hatch date so we should hear soon! AHHH!! LOL

Waiting not so patiently anymore!

Louella

10. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    I am hoping my phone rings early tomorrow morning. My shipment is on the way!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by