Ahhh...What a Relief!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I have had 3 B&W Scovie boys that I have been trying to rehome for a while now. All the calls i have gotten have been from people that wanted to eat tham and that just isn't what i wanted for them...

well today I listed 4 free chicks for a friend(she dropped them off here) and a lovely older couple and their children came out to pick them up. While we were talking i mentioned i had some boys i needed homes for (they didn't have ducks yet), she said she'd love to see them. So us and the 3 kids walked down to the creek to see everyone and after some feeding and petting, they decided they would love to give all 3 of them a home!

She was a little worried about them fighting but i assured her that as long as there were no females they should be fine, and these will be their only ducks for a while she said. They just got their pond set up a few days ago and were gonna fill it up as soon as they got home. [​IMG]

it was so funny to see the 3 kids decide who got to sit with the chicks and who got the ducks, lol. So glad i found those lovely boys a great, pet home. They even do a small petting farm thing for their church too!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Bleenie, that is awesome! I am so happy you found them homes, and not just homes but great family home [​IMG] where theres kids and people who will love and take care of them, and you don't have to worry about them being someones dinner.[​IMG]

I can't sell something knowing they are going to be food, but if you don't tell me - nothing I can do about it after they leave...However if you mention a pot and dinner when talking about my chickens or ducks....um....no, no thank you you can't find your dinner somewhere else - lol.
  3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

lol, yeah i have had a lot of those calls where i am just like "oh sorry, JUST SOLD THOSE!!" [​IMG]

These people might get some babies from me later on(for hens), but of course i will have to talk to them and let them know they will need more than just a couple with 3 boys. thankfully they have a big yard! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by