Ahhh yes,,, Mother Nature has a sense of humor,,, <sigh>

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Mar 27, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've felt cheated,, we didn't have a Winter! So I've been outside working this week while I've been off,, temps in the 80's,, fussing about how hot it is and it's just March,, soooooooooooo.......
    Tonight it's going to be 28! Furnace is all shut down, slides out of coolers, windows uncovered on coops,... yes, she has a lousy sense of humor!

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I think Oklahoma's got a blizzard warning. A trip to Tulsa would probably be cheap.

Sorry about your weather. I saw sun today and had t-shirt weather for the first time this year!

Now there's another front moving in.

Blah!

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    duh...serves ya right. [​IMG] you jumped the gun. ha ha.

our weather guy says 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow....geesh, digs out the sheets to cover the daffydilles...

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Yep there is some pretty cold weather right above us. I don't think I'll complain again,, at least not until it's too hot again!

5. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Hey, don't feel bad, we got 3 inches of snow today. And ice along the interstate. Also the same day I went to the orthodontist. [​IMG]

6. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I planted a bunch of stuff, strawberries, potatoes, onions, peas, and some gamble stuff like carrots and I can't remember what all else.

So if we get an April snowstorm, it's my fault.

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    oh yeah,, I put out strawberries, transplanted some of my squash outdoors,, lol fooled me! Of course, we've had snow in April before, I should have known better!! [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I feel your pain - we had 3 days of winter here.

9. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    We just did tators and onions so we shoould be okay with the 3-10 inchs of snow expected here. So far jsut rain. I'm more concerned about my cherry tree. It jumped the gun too and starting to bloom. [​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    All my fruit trees are blooming too, forgot about that. Steven just pointed out that the mesquite bushes haven't turned yet, no buds,, that is a dead sign we are still going to freeze, so I just didn't pay attention.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by