Ahhhh HELP!

shanilynn2010

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 3, 2010
georgia
So I got my baby chicks today! All are doing great except one it kinda just lays there eyes closed and not. Eating or drinking! It is a little smaller than the others but I don't know what's wrong with her!

Did you receive then via mail? If so, then losses are sometimes inevitable.
sad.png
The shipping process really gets them sometimes, especially later in the year when it's cooler.

You can try hand-feeding her electrolites and save-a-chic vitamins, sometimes that brings them back from the brink.

Good luck!

stress possibly. Get her some vita sol vitamins for the water with electrolytes. It will help. Crush up her food and hand feed her and a eye dropper to not squirt but drip a drop or 2 in the side of the beak to help her. She may respond. New kids are tough and sometimes for no reason they do not make it but now its still going so heat her up get a stuffed animal to snuggle with. awww
hugs.gif

I have been pondering a question. So here goes, so a BO rooster breed to a white leghorn results in what? Maybe an amber sex link??

If not then What would the babies look like.

Quote:
Maybe next time, feed them boiled egg yolk right away as they ariive. It gives them an energy booster. You can then start the electrolytes in the water, etc. Sorry about your loss.

Quote:
Unfortunately not. You need a rooster with the red gene, and a hen with a silver gene (If I remember correctly, leghorns do not carry silver).

A very common cross is Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire Red rooster, and a White Plymouth Rock female.

Back
Top Bottom