AHHHHHH small town politics SMH!!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by mrsmaryd, Jan 27, 2015.

1. mrsmaryd

mrsmaryd Just Hatched

Dec 26, 2014
    So when I found this wonderful sight I was in the throws of happiness [​IMG]My lil town FINALLY got a clue a past an ordinance allowing backyard chickens!!! YEAH FOR US!!! ya would think right?! Seems the majority of the "town folks" got their panties in an up roar about how dirty, noisy, what if they get out, what about the bears, hawks, weasels and what ever other idiot thing they could think of to get the ordinance reversed. So now here I am full of new found knowledge (thank you BYC campers [​IMG]) have my material ready for the new house stead (coop) & tenants AND NO WHERE to share my new found passion...................Husband & I, among a few other folks, are fighting this tooth & nail with all we got so please say a prayer that these folks will come around.............thanks for listening...........hopefully soon I will be back with good news......................

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good luck - I understand small town politics. After living in the same home for 50 years, they have decided that they can limit the number of dogs that I or anyone else can keep. All this in spite of the fact that there has never been a complaint about my dogs. [​IMG]

3. tattmom

tattmom Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2015
    my town allows chickens but the board of health has to approve first. This would be the sixth letter I have sent and still no answer. We want our flock close to home but can't till we get the OK thankfully our friend and fellow coop keeper let us keep our girls on his property.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by