Ahhhhhhh,,,I love Thanksgiving leftovers.

Standard Hen

Songster
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Massachusetts
Eating a big plate with hot homemade gravy and it is just the best. I even froze a container of some meat and the carcass for a good turkey soup when I get the time on a cold winter weekend. I think this weekend I will make a a turkey pie with some of everything leftover and just throw it all in. In todays tough times with the price of most things going up and up I still feel I can get a bang out of my buck with a turkey. I HAVE to get a couple more! Is everyone enjoying their leftovers?

Oh yes!!! I just finished a plate here as well. Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, and gravy over all!! Then the cranberry....yummmmmm. I am already looking forward to the pie and a cup of coffee...after I get my jammies on! LOL!

Got to love those leftovers. I just cooked for 4 this year so we just got a small turkey breast to roast, should have gotten bigger because this is the last day for the leftovers. I love turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce and miracle whip. Yummmmmmmmmmmm
tongue.png

I couldn't care less if I ever saw another traditional holiday food again, except for the pumpkin pie. I've hit on it pretty hard today, smothered in cool-whip, course. As a matter of fact, as I got my last piece an hour ago I realized that I shouldn't be gobbling up all that wonderful pie when what I really wanted was more cool-whip. So I just got out the bowl of cool-whip and a spoon instead.
tongue.png

gritsar, it's all about the homemade whip.

OMG.

so good.

just a touch of vanilla and sugar... not too sweet... perfect w/ (homemade) pumpkin pie.

mmm.

love.gif

Back
Top Bottom