1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ahhhhhhh,,,I love Thanksgiving leftovers.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Standard Hen, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Eating a big plate with hot homemade gravy and it is just the best. I even froze a container of some meat and the carcass for a good turkey soup when I get the time on a cold winter weekend. I think this weekend I will make a a turkey pie with some of everything leftover and just throw it all in. In todays tough times with the price of most things going up and up I still feel I can get a bang out of my buck with a turkey. I HAVE to get a couple more! Is everyone enjoying their leftovers?

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh yes!!! I just finished a plate here as well. Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, and gravy over all!! Then the cranberry....yummmmmm. I am already looking forward to the pie and a cup of coffee...after I get my jammies on! LOL!

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Got to love those leftovers. I just cooked for 4 this year so we just got a small turkey breast to roast, should have gotten bigger because this is the last day for the leftovers. I love turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce and miracle whip. Yummmmmmmmmmmm [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I couldn't care less if I ever saw another traditional holiday food again, except for the pumpkin pie. I've hit on it pretty hard today, smothered in cool-whip, course. As a matter of fact, as I got my last piece an hour ago I realized that I shouldn't be gobbling up all that wonderful pie when what I really wanted was more cool-whip. So I just got out the bowl of cool-whip and a spoon instead. [​IMG]

5. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Yep, I am set for weeks to come. [​IMG]

6. bluerose

bluerose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    gritsar, it's all about the homemade whip.

OMG.

so good.

just a touch of vanilla and sugar... not too sweet... perfect w/ (homemade) pumpkin pie.

mmm.

[​IMG]

7. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    MMMMM turkey sandwich, with mayo stuffing and cranberry sauce..............MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by