AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHY do people let their cats out at night!!?????????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Aug 7, 2010.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Redhen had a great day today.(notice the past tense...HAD..)..
    Visited hubbys parents in Maine.. went on a Light House Lovers cruise in Portland... had Maine lobster and Steamers with hot butter ([​IMG]..)... Went to Lake Sebago and even Old Orchard Beach to see the sights.
    What a great day, right??
    Yeah..until some IDIOT lets their cat outdoors at night and we RUN IT OVER on the way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    Poor little thing comes out of NOWHERE.. and runs right under our tire... no time to stop..nothing.
    God, i still feel sick. The sound and sight of it...
    I HATE that cat owner right now... and the reason that i didnt try to find the house that it lived in is because i WOULD have done this to them had i seen their face...>>> [​IMG]
    Really..i'd be posting this from jail right now had i met that cats owner tonight...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

That is one major disadvantage to cats vs dogs. Dogs can be fenced in.

Cats go where they want and to heck with what their servants say.

So sorry your day had to have such a bummer end... but given the owners this might have been the less painful end to the poor thing. If the cat was happy, well fed, etc. then it wouldn't be wandering too far from home would it?

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

There is no controlling cats. They do what the heck they want to. Even my indoor cats escaped from time to time and I never even knew it til they stuck their little faces up against the window.

4. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Deb.. I doubt the cat got out on accident..
    Never know though...
    But.. it REALLY didnt look like an escaped "indoor" cat to me.... I can usually tell by the way they look...
    This was someones "outdoor" cat.. I'd bet on it..
    Poor thing..it SCREAMED.. ..... Thats all i can say right now...

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    There are a lot feral cats in the world. That doesn't make it any better. So Sorry [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Never know though...
    But.. it REALLY didnt look like an escaped "indoor" cat to me.... I can usually tell by the way they look...

Wendy, I know the whole experience sucks! You had a sound memory ( the scream) - I had a visual one that will NEVER leave my brain no matter how much brain bleach I pour in there. I hit a chicken in the road - never even SAW the thing. Next thing I knew there were hundred of feathers everywhere. And more too, but I will spare you the details.

7. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Have you ever owned a cat? There is no telling a cat what to do or where to go. Sorry you had to experience this. [​IMG] [​IMG] I would HATE to run over any animal. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Oh I'm sorry. Boy I know I would be sick. I'm sorry. Let's hope it "went" quick at least.

9. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Never know though...

Wendy, I know the whole experience sucks! You had a sound memory ( the scream) - I had a visual one that will NEVER leave my brain no matter how much brain bleach I pour in there. I hit a chicken in the road - never even SAW the thing. Next thing I knew there were hundred of feathers everywhere. And more too, but I will spare you the details.

It does suck... and HURTS my heart too. To hear an animal scream in pain... and it still be alive and suffering for a few minutes... (the suffering is what i cant take..) It tears my soul out...
    I had a visual too..(while the cat was still alive.. [​IMG] ) maybe if i bleach my eyeballs out it will go away...
    You know how i am...
    It dosent slide off of me too well.. nor hubby either..
    ETA: [​IMG]

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Yes..i have 7 indoor cats.
    Thanks for the hugs. I appreciate it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by