1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Aiken, SC - WTB BLRW and SS

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by samouw, Mar 19, 2012.

1. samouw

samouw Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Aiken, SC
    I am replacing my RIR and BR flock with various different breeds and am still looking for two to complete my selection (well, for now, anyway)

Blue laced red wyandottes

Speckled Sussex

I would prefer to pick up, but will pay shipping if absolutely necessary. Will accept straight run, but would love to find pullets only.

2. chickenhawk1982

chickenhawk1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2012
    I have Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. I live in Georgia so I'm not to far away from you. I only have chicks right now I have 2 left that are 1 month old. I'm pretty sure there both pullets but I can't guarantee it so I'm selling them as straight run $10 each. I will have alot more chicks hatching over the next few weeks. I will sell the younger chicks for $6-8 each depending on age. But once the get 1-2 months old price goes up to $10. Let me know if your interested maybe we can work something out. Thanks

3. chickenhawk1982

Mar 6, 2012
    Here is some pics of my flock. With my breeding patterns you will get 90% blue and 10% splash BLRW![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. samouw

Mar 19, 2011
    Aiken, SC
    Very pretty!

I especially like the one in back in the first picture and the one in the closeup in the third pic.

I am not that familiar with splash - can you distinguish splash from non-splash early? I really would prefer the simple blue laced red wyandotte without splash.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  5. samouw

Mar 19, 2011
    Aiken, SC
    I would be very interested in the two you have now. Are they splash? Do you have pics of them? And, where in Georgia are you?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  6. chickenhawk1982

Mar 6, 2012
    Hey I' m sorry I should have went into details alot of people don't no about the genetics on this breed actually this goes for any Blue Breed. Most people/breeders breed the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Rooster to Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Hens (THIS IS THE HEN YOUR POINTING OUT IN PICS). When you breed blue x blue the chick results will be 50% Blue 25% Splash 25% Black all these Colors are still considered Blue Laced Red Wyandotte's but some are BLUE color some Splash color and some Black color. I wanted to try and breed for all Blue's because this is what most people want like yourself. So my trio I have a Splash Rooster with a Black Hen which will give you 100% Blue Chicks nad the Splash Rooster with my Blue Hen will produce 50% Blue and 50% Splash. So that is why I was saying you will get 90% Blues and only about 10% Splash from there offspring. I will also upload a Breeding Chart for you that your Welcome to copy that will tell you what color= colors! I hope this helps

7. chickenhawk1982

Mar 6, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. chickenhawk1982

Mar 6, 2012
    I live in Buford Ga and yes you can tell the Splash from the other 2 colors there lighter but you can't tell Black from Blue untill they get 1-2 months old. The 2 I have left now are 1 for sure Splash and the other I'm pretty sure is a Blue because I shouldnt get any Blacks from mine having said that every once an a while you will have a Black come out but very Rarely. These chicks were the first hatched from my Breeders. I will have more chicks 1st and 2nd week in April. Let me know if I can be of help on anything else? Thanks

9. samouw

Mar 19, 2011
    Aiken, SC
    Do you have any pics of the two available now?

Thanks

10. chickenhawk1982

Mar 6, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by