Aiken SC?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkielover5, Feb 9, 2013.

1. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    After I finish college for being a small animal/equine veterinarian here in MN I plan on moving to Aiken to open a veterinarian practice and a small pitbull rescue. I was wondering from anyone that live/lived there or visited how dog/pitbull friendly it is? weather? How historic is the town? Big Activities? And pretty much is it a good place to live? It seems beautiful but I've heard mixed things about it

2. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    Aiken is a nice town, near the savannah river and about 200 miles from Atlanta, fairly close to sc and ga beaches and very close to lake thurmond, and has many horse farms and other farm animals .I would like to see a vet to help with chickens and other farm animals too. Don't know about the pit bull or bull dog question, but we have had problems in sc regarding "dog fighting" rings & etc. If you have not been to sc, be prepared for very hot summers, and bad thunder storms (but also very nice spring & fall weather and mild winters) You may also want to consider Camden sc. same weather & etc, but a very historic town and a lot of horse farms in the area.
    Hope we will meet you someday.

3. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    Thank you. What are some horse towns with mountain views?

4. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    Spartanburg and north of there. for the Mountains . I don't know about the horse in that area.
    We have the Carolina Cup in Camden.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Landrum, SC is a horsey town.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by