1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Air cell? Bubbles? **UPDATE**

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by roosty, Mar 4, 2009.

1. roosty

roosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    Georgia
    Has anyone ever succesfully hatched a chick from an egg that the air cell was disloged? I have some eggs that the air cell is floating around and there is bubbles in the egg. Im not sure I even see the yolk. Weird! It looks like there is no yolk at all. [​IMG] I have them in the bator anyhow, but its on day 4 and I dont see anything. I really want them to be good! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Are they white eggs? I would wait until day 7 to see if there's any veining/little moving blob... good luck!

3. roosty

Jul 3, 2008
    Georgia
    They are white. I can see good in them. I usually can see veining around day 4. Im leaving them in till Im absolutly sure.

4. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    Someone said if the aircell is loose to let them sit upright a while in a carton before starting to incubate and they might be ok [​IMG] hope they are...

5. roosty

Jul 3, 2008
    Georgia
    I candled all the eggs again tonight and nothing so I cracked them open... all the yolks were busted like scrambled eggs. I guess thats why I wasnt sure if I seen a yolk at first. They were shipped eggs though. The PO can be so rough sometimes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by