Air Cell On Both Ends?? What to do?

Happy Chicken Mama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 23, 2007
Florida
Hello All!

I have one Mille Fleur Cochin Developing...

I candled last night and there are air cells on both ends.
th.gif

This one was a doosey because I couldn't tell where the air cell was to begin with... no big end and also couldn't tell where the air cell was at all untill I candled at 5 days.

At 5 days I could tell there was an air cell but the baby had been upside down from where the air cell was starting to form. I guess the trip from California to Florida was a bit much!

So, day 5 I flipped the sap sucker around... now I am totally confused as what to do next.

My gut is to the the little eggy alone and let nature do the rest but candle again on day 18. I wish I had taken a picture... I would tonight but am concerened about candling too much.

Anyone have this happen or have any advise??

Last edited:
Can you maybe put this one egg on its side as though it were in a nest and see what happens? I've had those eggs where you couldn't tell up from down as well - very confusing - as this it what I usually do. I just lay it on its side in the incubator and hand turn that particular egg.
Good luck, I would love some Mille cochins!

I think that's a great idea!

Maybe if I slowly put it on its side then it will figure out which way it wants to be up!

Anybody else??

I really am curious... there dosen't seem to be any other posts about this. Hopefully, that this may help someone else down the road when they search for asnwers to this delema.

Thanks Chicken Lady!

Back
Top Bottom