Air cell replaced with embryo?!?! I'M CONFUSED!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Griffin Nest, May 17, 2011.

1. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    I have 9 eggs in the incubator right now and 6 have bouncing embryos!! But, when I candled one of my eggs, the embryo was all the way in the front of the egg RIGHT in the center where the air cell is supposed to be!! And that's another problem: I CAN'T FIND THE AIR CELL!! I can see the air cell perfectly in all the other ones, but in THIS one, there is NO air cell to be seen. Right where the air cell is supposed to be, there's an embryo. I'm worried because what if it isn't in the correct position for hatching? What if there is no air cell for it to pip in?? What if the embryo is not affected when I turn the eggs and it ends up sticking?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Has this happened before?? I'm sure it has. I've had embryos in the past who are VERY close to the end of the egg, but this on is DIRECTLY in the big part of the egg!

2. kscottjoyce

kscottjoyce Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Townsend
    What day of incubation are they at?

3. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    Quote:They are at day 5 today.
    (its another thing im worried about, all of the other air cells are already as big as they should be by day 18!!! my humidity has only been 40!!! im trying dry incubation... sorta... i keep getting scared by how big the cell is and i add water from time to time)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by