AIR CELL TOO SMALL?!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RandomDuck, Aug 12, 2014.

1. RandomDuck

RandomDuck Out Of The Brooder

Hey guys, sorry for the caps. It's my first time hatching eggs and I'm really nervous. My neighbor have me a light brown egg, I'm assuming its one of her orpington eggs, but I don't know. I took a big risk just getting ONE egg to hatch, though. Anyway 9 days ago I set my Little giant Incubator (Still air) to 101.5F and 45 Humidity. The humidity has been fluctuating a bit, ( No higher than 55 and no lower than 37) but I'm not really worried about THAT. So it has been 9 days and everything is going perfectly, I candled it today again and I saw healthy veining, and a little embryo moving around.. But then I noticed something.. The air cell, I think is kind of small for 9 days.. I looked at pics of a healthy candled egg and the air cell was kinda curve shaped, and mine is much smaller. So I looked around for tips about this, and it said to take both plugs out and decrease humidity so the air fell can grow bigger. Is this right?? Thank you for ANY tips about this, I think I'm just overreacting about it, but I just don't want my baby chick to drown after all this.

~ Thanks
    :fl

2. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK
    I'd not worry too much( can't believe you put an incubator on for one egg)
    If there is too much humidity you.ll hove problems too
    45% is fine then up to 65% on day 18 at lock down just keep an eye on the air cell

Mark it in pencil so you can see if it gets bigger
    Good luck

3. RandomDuck

RandomDuck Out Of The Brooder

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU OKOK.. Well I appreciate the tips.. And yeah I think I am crazy for putting on the bator for one egg.. Lol XD OK any other tips please?? Anyone??
    I will also show u a pic of the air cell I you want, just ask.

4. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK

Yes air cell pic please
    We need to look after this little one
    [​IMG]
    Does this help?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by