AIR Cell

gozoish

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 16, 2011
hello,

i just received the eggs today, and before incubating i candled them and i can see that the air cell is wobbly.... is in normal for posteed eggs??? do they still have a chance to hatch??

thank you all for your help

david

I had two that was like that and they are developing fine, far as I know. I go in lockdown on Oct 12. I would let them sit for a while before you put the into the incubator.

thanks for reply... how long shall i let them without starting the incubator?

thanks

david

i throw mine in right away.. I have had eggs arrive with loose air cells.. and some that looked like you took an egg beater to the air cells (lots and lots of bubbles)

letting them sit for 24 hours did NOTHING to help my eggs.. none of the air cells reattached and none merged back into one big air cell by letting them sit

so I put mine in right away and turn on the auto turner.. have had them hatch out just fine

so should i turn on the egg turner right away??? because once i read that turning should start on day 3??

thanks

I let mine just come up to warm temp. The eggs were cold when I got them and didn't want to chance it. Everyone is different with their eggs.

Hi

Here's a link to an article I did a little while ago about the way we manage shipped eggs or those with damaged air cells. I hope it helps you
wink.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=501034

Back
Top Bottom