Air cells in strange places!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fourgirlsoneboy, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Fourgirlsoneboy

Fourgirlsoneboy Pullus Parvus

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    I have 24 bantam cochin eggs that were shipped to me and we are on day 15. Supprisingly all are deveoping (not one dud so far)- however I have 4 with air cells in strange places. 3 are on the side, one on the bottom!! I can see the embryos all moving, etc. They are in a Genesis with an auto turner- should I do anything different for these eggs (like turn the bottomed air celled egg upside down maybe?) I hatch the eggs in a carton at lockdown ususally.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. 4CrazyGirlz

4CrazyGirlz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    North East Texas
    I have the same question. I have one with it slightly on the side. (we are at day 12) I am going to have to be careful and position it just right for hatching. I hope someone has an answer to this question.

3. evonne

evonne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Las Vegas
    i would say yes, place the air cell up when setting it for hatch...
    but i have no personal experience with it.. i was just told that my ducks with cells like that needed to be bated and hatched in a carton with the big end up hoping hte air cell would get there but if it didn't to adjust...

good luck.. i'll be watching.. i've yyet to get a shipment with good aircells...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by