air fan on lg bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pokey, Feb 22, 2009.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    i did buy a circulation fan for my lg bator, and it has made a difference so far. the temp still varies a tensy bit here and there but the humidity seems to be a lot more stable. i put some of my own eggs in there for testing, but i thought i'd let the ones of ya still on the fence about the fans to GET ONE!!!
    [​IMG] i did order another for my other lg and will be ordering another egg turner to. then i can order some hatching eggs from you pros!!

2. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    There is an excellent post regarding low humidity worth reading....make sure fan isn't blowing onto eggs is what I hear...suck up...not blow down???

3. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    well if you look up the thread where i asked which way to install it there was some disagreement about up or down. i chose down because that is the way my freinds factory installed fan is on his sportsman and his hatch rate was much better than mine.so i'll let you know how it worked for me.
    [​IMG]

4. flyweed

flyweed Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Holmen
    I have installed my fan to blow "down" in my LG 9200 as well. Temps are very stable in my LG with it setup this way. (my temps flucuate only from 99.7 - 100.3)

Dan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by