air sac at small end?

Myst4

Songster
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
N.S., Canada
Ok I have only 2 eggs in my bator that have developed and 4 others that haven't at all. Anyway, I have left undeveloping eggs in the bator(just checking every day to make sure they are going rotten). With the 2 developing chicks, they are developing fine. Although, when I candled I noticed that one of them(black giant egg) has it's air sac on the pointy part of the egg,rather than the bigger end. Will this be a problem with the baby hatching? I have decided,since there are only 2 eggs that will be hatching that I won't be using the carton method and also due to the fact that one egg has it's air sac in the wrong end.

I had one like that on the hatch I just finished. At about 13 days when I candled I decided she had died and removed her along with the others I was having to remove. I haven't admitted this to anyone until now because it made me so sad, but when I broke the egg she was a fine, healthy, and ALIVE baby. I say, lay it on the side and hope for the best. Good luck with the little one.

Wow, I would have thought that would definitely kill the developing chick. But thinking about this a little further. I would image it would balance it self out eventually. Keep that egg in the bator.

Oh I wouldn't take it out of the bator unless I knew that there wasn't any life in it. It will be there for as long as it needs to( due to hatch Friday).

Back
Top Bottom