1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

air sac on the side?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dinahmoe, Dec 16, 2009.

1. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    ok i have an egg incubating right now.it is on day 6.it is developing normally-i see veining.the air sac is on the side instead of the top.will it hatch or burst during growth or drown.it is in a turner but i can lay it flat.the light is coming from the top and you might have to step back a little with the second pic?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    You know, Ive seen air sacs all different sizes and shapes, and they seem to hatch fine. Will you be putting them in a hatcher to hatch? Will you be laying them on their side to hatch? I would think it will be fine....but you'll know soon!

3. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:I USUALLY PUT THEM IN AN EGG CARTON TO HATCH IN THE HOVABATOR-BECAUSE OF MY THOUGHTS OF DROWNING(GRAVITY)BUT IF I PUT THIS ONE IN THERE IT SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD DROWN.I MAY TRY TO LAY IT FLAT WITH AIR SAC UP.DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IT WILL MAKE IT THAT FAR BUT JUST WONDERING IF I NEED TO LAY IT FLAT NOW INSTEAD IF THE TURNER.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by