Air sacs and repairing with candle wax?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wadek2008, Apr 25, 2009.

1. wadek2008

wadek2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I got 9 call ducks eggs in the mail yesterday. 2 were cracked in half yellow everywhere-went in the trash. 3 more hairlined cracked-repaired with wax my first time. Won't this melt in the incubator though? I candled today before I put them in. Every single one had an air sac floating around loose or a just HUGE one; looked like they do before they hatch. Not sure what that means. They're Apricot Silver and Nutmeg; so disappointed. What does a really big air cell mean? What should I do with the floating ones? Would egg carton incubation be better for them? What kind of chance do I have? I let the seller know about the cracked/split open ones. Should I let her know about the loose air sacs too? Woudl oyu want to know? I hate to bother her. Hope I put this in the right place.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I would tell them about all of them but I would set them anyway, they will probably still hatch.

3. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Yes I would let her know about all the eggs, and see if you can either get her to replace the eggs or refund your money.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by